Tuesday, April 28, 2009

half more

Today is April 28th. Each year on April 28th something extraordinary happens. April 28th is my half birthday. What? What's a half birthday? Oh come on, you know! Your Half Birthday. The day you turn whatever years old and a half.

Remember when you were a kid and you couldn't wait for your birthday, Remember how you would be so excited about getting to the next year you'd say, "I'm 4 and a half!" Or, "I'm 10 and a half." It gave us something to look forward to. It gave us something to feel proud about. And then when it was our real birthday, we felt as though we had really accomplished something.

I want to feel young. I want to have something to look forward to. So, today I'm celebrating my half birthday. I figure it's all about perspective. Why dread turning another year older? Why burden myself with feelings of doom and gloom when I can celebrate another year? And I'm half way there! WooHoo!!

Cheers!!

5 comments:

Bijoux said...

I need to hang out with you so your positive vibe can rub off on me!

Anonymous said...

Happy halfer!

Desmond Jones said...

Yeah, but 53-and-a-half just doesn't seem like such a big deal. . .

Molly threw a little party for my 33-1/3 birthday (you know, a third of a century), which handily fell in the summertime. . .

flutterby said...

Happy Half Birthday.

I'd take a moment to figure out my half-birthdate, but it seems like too much counting at the moment as my brain is limping through this morning.

for a different kind of girl said...

Happy half-birthday, sweet lady! I hope you do something fun to celebrate. My boys like to remind me when their half-birthdays are coming (I think part of it is campaigning for additional presents) and I'll make them a little cake and sing half the birthday song (but there's no presents!).