Tuesday, October 30, 2007

comforting others

People keep coming into my life or I'm drawn to people who are experiencing grief. And I found myself, again, asking why. Immediately this verse popped into my head and I remembered this is my purpose; at least one of them anyway.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

I'd like to write more on this subject, but at the moment my thoughts are a jumble. So I will just leave this here as something to ponder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever since my father died way back in 1973 my life has been much the same. Amazing, isn't it, how God equips us to be able to care for each other if we're only willing to do so?