Saturday, November 05, 2005

writing therapy

Writing is a great outlet for me, so not being able to write is like someone holding their hand over my mouth so that I can't breathe. There have been a few things I've wanted to post, some things that have been running through my head. But I just haven't had time to write and when I've sat down in front of the computer my thoughts are all a jumble. I even tried drafting a post to work on a little at a time, but everytime I'd come back to it I couldn't decide what I really wanted to say. So rather than try to pound something out, here are just the titles themselves:

  • Men vs Women
  • My Children Were Raised By Strangers
  • The Love Chapter (a poem I wrote from 1 Corinthians 13, but couldn't find because I think my daughter threw it away when she cleaned the office)
  • Defending My Faith

Sometimes things will come to me to write and I have to write them down immediately or I feel my head will explode. Other times, though, it's just a couple of thoughts that I can see like a picture: there's a winding road of thought that I'm sure I'll be able to follow when I have time to write. But that rarely happens and I end up getting lost.

So now I feel better just getting this much out and maybe one of these days I'll get those posts written . . . but probably not. (It's nice knowing myself and letting it be ok)

No comments: