Tuesday, January 13, 2009

this is a test; it is only a test

A little over a year ago I wrote about possibly taking the Fundementals of Survey exam. I intended on taking it last Spring, but that didn't work out (I was 3 credit hours short of the requirement). So last month I sent in my application and now I'm waiting to find out if I've been accepted to sit for the exam in April. Tomorrow I start a course that will prepare me for the exam.

To say I'm a little stressed about the whole thing is putting it mildly. I try not to worry about it, but I know it's going to take a lot of work, a lot of studying, a lot of my brain. The studying I enjoy. (I know, I'm weird like that!) But the exam? Well, I have a tendency to freeze during tests and the fact that this will be an 8-hour exam scares the shtuffin' out of me!

So I will study. I will work hard. I will do my best. I will do all those things that you tell yourself you will do in order to pass a test. And then . . . and then my brain will explode! Won't that be pretty?!

10 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

It will be pretty...especially because you've met your goal!

Bijoux said...

YOU CAN DO IT PR!
(btw, love your new photo of you and your brothers - you're like the flower in the midst of all that testosterone)

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I'm sure you wil do well. Before the explosion .... ;)

Sailor said...

I'm with you, in the liking to study, and freezing at the test. But, I know you can do it, and will do it, so the pretty we'll see will be you excited and proud of yourself.

Desmond Jones said...

I know you can do it, Phyllis!

(I'm tempted to go all Stuart Smalley on you here - "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me" - but he's a Senator now, and we'll see how much people like him. . .)

flutterby said...

You'll knock it out of the park, hon! Just work hard and know your stuff.

I agree with Cocotte bout the pic!

Therese in Heaven said...

You're going to do great. And think how awesome you'll feel when it's all over and you've accomplished what you set out to do!

FTN said...

Here's hoping it goes well, and your brain doesn't leak all over the floor.

I think we must be opposites -- I always hated to study (and seldom did it) but I really don't mind most tests.

Phyllis Renée said...

Thanks guys! I may just print your comments and put 'em on the fridge or stick on the inside of my notebook.

Unknown said...

Hope it goes well!! Or went well...:)