Saturday, September 24, 2005

reading, reading, reading

Over the past few months I've read more books than I have probably read in my entire life! Hard to believe, but true. I guess it's because I've never really made the investment in the time it takes to read a book. Always consumed with domestic chores, errands, and children I figured, "who has time to read." (Although I have spent a lot of time reading and studying the Bible.)

Anyway, about a year or so ago I decided I was going to read Girl With A Pearl Earring, by Tracy Chevalier. I finally read it last month. In the past year I've read Frank Perriti's Monster, This Present Darkness, Piercing The Darkness; Yada Yada Prayer Group and Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down, by Neta Jackson; and Girl Meets God: Memoir, by Lauren F. Winner. All of which I loved and am thoroughly pleased with the time invested reading them.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older (it's not because I have more time on my hands), but I can't remember enjoying reading sooooooo much. I guess I could analyze it to death (an escape, procrastinating on something else, etc.) but when it comes right down to it, I'm just pampering myself with a little "me" time. And that's a very good thing!

2 comments:

Beverlye Tighe said...

Hey, Phyllis! I'm so glad to hear you're pampering yourself. I simply MUST do the same but haven't figured out when to do that, yet. {grin}
I was so excited just seeing your list of friends you were sending the invitation to... I think I know most of them! I either attend church with them now or did as I was growing up... how fun!
Anyway, just thought I'd post a comment and cheer you on as you pamper away! Enjoy!

angi jackson said...

Hey, Phyllis. I love to read and have taken the time to read a lot. Since being blessed with Emily, I haven't found the time for extra reading. I loved the Yada Yada books & saw there is a 3rd one. I have many christian books fiction and non-fiction that you are welcome to borrow. Just ask I may have one you're interested in. Have a blessed day!