Saturday, September 24, 2005

reading, reading, reading

Over the past few months I've read more books than I have probably read in my entire life! Hard to believe, but true. I guess it's because I've never really made the investment in the time it takes to read a book. Always consumed with domestic chores, errands, and children I figured, "who has time to read." (Although I have spent a lot of time reading and studying the Bible.)

Anyway, about a year or so ago I decided I was going to read Girl With A Pearl Earring, by Tracy Chevalier. I finally read it last month. In the past year I've read Frank Perriti's Monster, This Present Darkness, Piercing The Darkness; Yada Yada Prayer Group and Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down, by Neta Jackson; and Girl Meets God: Memoir, by Lauren F. Winner. All of which I loved and am thoroughly pleased with the time invested reading them.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older (it's not because I have more time on my hands), but I can't remember enjoying reading sooooooo much. I guess I could analyze it to death (an escape, procrastinating on something else, etc.) but when it comes right down to it, I'm just pampering myself with a little "me" time. And that's a very good thing!

No comments: