Thursday, November 13, 2008

in no particular order

Since I can't seem to pin down one thought long enough to shape it into its own post, I'll just share some things that have been on my mind the past few days.

• My daughter (19) has been out of work for about 6 months. It's driving me crazy, because she's just shy of becoming a homeless person. She technically still lives at home, but she's rarely there and seems to have absolutely no ambition to make a living and move out on her own.

• My son (27) hasn't spoken to me and I haven't seen him in about a year and a half. It's paticularly difficult this time of year. There's lots more I feel/could say about this subject, but there's just too much. Maybe I should start an entirely new blog just about that.

• My dog has chronic bronchitis and is going through a change in medication. I think the new medication is making her depressed. It is really sad. She's just a pitiful whiny mess.

• The future of this country scares the shiitake out me.

• Should I be worried that I have no desire to listen to music of any kind these days?

• I don't think sex three times a week is unreasonable.

• My house will be clean before the family comes over for Thanksgiving. My house will be clean before . . . .

• I don't think sex four times a week is unreasonable.

• I hate the class I'm taking this semester. Engineering Computer Programming has ruined more 4.0 GPA.

• What's really an unreasonable number of times to have sex in one week?

10 comments:

Sailor said...

I dunno about the unreasonable- is it unreasonable to want it as much as you want it? I mean, who gets to decide that except you and your partner?

Sorry to hear about dog, son, daughter, etc- you're in my prayers, all of you-

Desmond Jones said...

I sympathize with you re your kids, Phyllis. We have three kids who have nominally 'left the nest', but two of 'em, at least, have yoyo-ed in and out a few times each. And the other one can barely bring herself to see us. (*sigh*)

Listen, I work for one of those failing auto companies. So my own personal shittake is concerned for things a bit closer at hand than just 'The Future of Our Country', if you know what I mean. . .

And heck, I don't think sex three times a DAY is unreasonable. Although, uh, My Guy has a harder time maintaining that pace than he once did. . . ;)

for a different kind of girl said...

I hope your family situations work out for the best. I imagine it must be difficult to be disconnected from your son.

Sex...well...three would be fine. Four would be great. Any would be good.

Unknown said...

Three would be quite fine! 4... I WISH. I'm lucky if its two...
I am sorry about the kiddies... My prayers are with you and your family.

luke said...

Engineering Computer Programming? Where are you taking that?

Bijoux said...

Sex....i'm going to say more than 14 times a week is unreasonable. Sometimes you need to eat and sleep.

Kids....um, how are you my age and have a 27 year old? But I do have a 19 year old! Hope things improve on this front.

My university was known for one of their specialty engineering depts. And I never saw any girls ever in that building. You are a genius in my book.

Recovering Soul said...

I don't understand how a 27 year old woman can have a 27 year old son.

MJ said...

I'm with desmond: 3 times a day doesn't sound completely unreasonable to me.

FTN said...

Hmm. I have a healthy optimism about the future of the country. Or maybe I've just got no shiitake left to scare out of me.

Sorry to hear about your son. A year and a half is a looong time. Now I feel like I need to call my Mom...

[Notice I'm not going to weigh in on the sex discussion.]

Anonymous said...

Who says there's such a thing as an empty nest? Here's hoping your daughter finds the motivation she needs to wake up, huh?

Sorry to hear that you and your son are estranged (hate that word). It's no comfort I'm sure, but my mother and I were at odds for a few years, only tolerating each other for the Holidays. Now we're very close.

Boy, if I could just get sex three times a month .... well anyhow, I feel for ya.