Friday, February 22, 2008

whatever it takes

As most of you know, RL is out of town a LOT. So when RS encouraged us to take part in the 30-day challenge you can understand my disappointment that it was 30 consecutive days. And though Girl and I rallied for amending the rules, it was not meant to be. However, this just made me more determined! I am a resourceful woman. Rules or no rules, there's more than one way to skin a cat. (Oooo, I'm so clever!)

So anyway, there have been those rare occasions when RL was willing to reach out and touch love, cause ya know when I need love, I hold out my hand and touch love. But this week -- well, this week RL really out did himself!

Since I got my fancy Palm Treo (which I love, btw) it's great! Because, though I work outside, I can still have my little phone/computer with me and RL and I have been able to keep in touch through instant messages nearly all day. (I know that was a long sentence, but I tend to do that when I get a little excited.) So the other day at lunch, I was in the work truck, doing some homework, and just so happened to have my phone in just the right place when RL sent me a message. {{{BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ}}} I nearly came out of my seat!

Then today I had my phone in the front breast pocket of my coat. Even with the layers upon layers of clothing I had on, when RL sent me an unexpected message {{{BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ}}} I just about fell to my knees. And, of course, each time I let out a little involuntary giggle. But it was just our little secret. Even if he didn't realize what he'd done. DANG! He's good!!

30-day challenge? Pfft! This is the 21st Century -- No problem!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Who doesn't like a good buzz every once in a while?

Sailor said...

Sounds like a great idea, and since you've now shared your little secret with the world, we'll all want your number- just to give you a buzz :)

for a different kind of girl said...

I'm still trying to teach my husband the finer points of this buzzing thing now that he's gone more often. It's baby steps, but we're getting there!

(and rules are SO made to be broken!)

Anonymous said...

My wife has expressed an interest in the 30 day challenge, and I'll confess I haven't bought in yet. I really don't even know why I haven't.

Anyway. I definitely support the getting the buzz on idea.

Recovering Soul said...

wow.

And DaKog, we can adjust the rules for you, but maybe its time to tell hubby to step up.
:)

Desmond Jones said...

So, I take it you had your phone set to 'vibrate'?

Oh, I am so bad. . .