Thursday, August 23, 2007

around town

The past couple of weeks I've been all over town. At work, to stay out of the afternoon heat, we sometimes head over to a greasy spoon diner. Occasionally the regulars or waitress provide good entertainment (drama). But the day we were there was kind of boring and I ended up taking pictures of the fifties-style decor.


One Saturday evening my daughter and I attended a beautiful wedding. The reception was held at what I had always thought was a church, but it turns out it's been used for receptions and parties since 1991. The church was built in "1929 of Carthage Limestone, in a Gothic style," according to their website.

Last week at work I saw this cute little picket fence. It was only about three feet tall and rustic. It seemed a little out of place in the affluent neighborhood we were working in.


These aren't the greatest pictures, but that's because I took them with my camera phone. It comes in handy when I see something I think might make an interesting photo and I don't have my camera with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not the greatest pictures? Ahh, but what if you'd never taken 'em? I enjoy coming here every so often just to see what you've seen, to see a slice of life in images. Maybe some day it'll rub off and I'll remember the camera more often.

Thanks, xi

Ace Jackalope said...

Camera phone? Wow...I'll have to start taking those things seriously. The angle on the diner clock is most effective. Run more pictures!