Friday, July 27, 2007

running log (update)

It's been quite a while since I posted a running log. To be real honest, I was a little embarrased. Embarrased because I had gotten lazy and depressed and wasn't reaching my goals.

But then it was getting closer for us to go on vacation and I really wanted to get in the best shape I could in the few weeks I had left. So I got determined. I made major changes in my eating habits, started running and strength training three days a week, and forced myself to drink much more water. The result? I lost 15 pounds and an overall total of 10 inches. I was ecstatic!!

Then something happened. I don't recall what it was exactly, but I lost my motivation. Maybe it was the vacation itself. I mean we had a GREAT time, but I missed some work outs and got out of the habit of getting up early. Then I went a couple of weeks not excersizing at all. Guess what, I gained five pounds back.

So now I've been trying to get back on track and work out more regularly again. It's amazing, but I lost the five pounds I had gained back in just a week.

Now I have my motivation back and am determined to lose another 10 pounds by my birthday in October.

No comments: