Friday, February 10, 2006

from under the covers

I haven't been too inspired to write this week. I haven't been too inspired to do anything! For some reason I just can't seem to shake this flu bug. No amount of NyQuil and vitamins seems to be working. No amount of sleep makes me feel better. The other day I thought I had it beat: resumed my workout schedule on Tuesday, had quite a hike at work on Wednesday, worked out Thursday morning, and by Thursday night I was hit with all the symptoms all over again. It's the second time in a week I just prayed, "Lord, take me now!"

The worst part about it, I just don't have time to be sick! There is just too much I need to be doing. And thinking about all that needs to be done, I can't get the rest I need. How am I supposed to get better?

What's ironic about all of this is, just the other day, I was telling (actually I was complaining to) a friend of mine about all the shtuff I have to do and how I wish I would get some debilitating illness that would completely incapacitate me and everyone else would have to step in and take care of their own shtuff. Hmmmmmm . . . I wonder if I can get them to do my algebra homework.

No comments: