Tuesday, October 18, 2005

fall blooms

Last year I planted several mums in the back yard. This past Friday my garden was full of beautiful mums, all pinkish purple, yellow and orange. I was so happy. Then Saturday morning I looked out and saw that every one of them were gone. I couldn't believe it. What could have happend? I walked outside to take a closer look. It seemed someone had snipped off each of the beautiful blooms. But why??? Then I realized it was those rascally rabbits!!!

There are three of them. I don't know where they came from and sometimes I think they're tame, because they don't look like wild rabbits. I used to think they were cute, but now they've eaten their way out of my heart.

The good news . . . the next day a friend from church (not knowing what had happened to my garden) gave me a huge basket of yellow and orange mums. They're larger and even more beautiful than the ones I had. I was so surprised!

No comments: